Pour la version française, cliquez ici
48e Nord International, as part of the Entrepreneurship Assistance Program of the Ministry of Economy and Innovation, has set up the first cohort of the excubation program aimed at supporting Startups in the development of their network, the marketing of their solutions in the mining sector as well as putting them in contact with the big company on collaborative works.
ARE YOU A STARTUP WITH INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES AND SOLUTIONS THAT CAN MEET THE ISSUES OF DIGITALIZATION? SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION NOW!
The cohort will be under the leadership of Mr. Patrick Martel, Ing. Vice-President Development of Innovations / Integrated Solutions for Technosub and under the patronage of Mr. Mathieu Paré, Ing. Director of Innovation for Technosub.
Technosub is the North American leader in the manufacturing, distribution and maintenance of pumping, dewatering and sludge management solutions for the mining and industrial sectors.
The company develops a culture that embraces change, promotes the development and growth of its partners and promotes exchange and human relations. The company is headquartered in Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec and has deployed points of service in Canada and the United States. The company has developed a recognized expertise in the mining industry and is developing the TBM (tunnel boring machine) sector where it has worked on the New York aqueduct and the Paris metro.
- Use a technology or a combination of technologies to capture relevant information in an environment with harsh underground conditions (technologies and solutions outside the box will be favored);
- Communicate information to a storage center on an ongoing basis using the infrastructure available in underground mines;
- Manage the flow of information to bring out the relevant information and establish a dashboard.
It will run for five (5) months from September 23, 2019 to February 28, 2020 and includes the following activities (non-exhaustive);
- Accompaniment, workshops and networking with key players in the mining ecosystem;
- Support and monitoring by experts in the mining sector, open innovation, commercialization, intellectual property and legal aspects as well as financing;
- The implementation of collaborative work and exchanges between the large company and the Startups on the identified theme;
- Residency for 5 months in a coworking space located in Val-d’Or, Quebec;
- Private access to the Green and Connected Mine Innovation and Business Community platform, social networks, as well as available content;
- Influence at national and international level;
The selected Startups commit to travel to Abitibi-Témiscamingue in northern Quebec and pay for their transportation and living expenses for the immersion and integration activities of the mining ecosystem on the dates below:
- October 7 to 11, 2019
- November 4 to 8, 2019
- January 13 to 17, 2020
- February 17 to 21, 2020
Start-ups will be invited to activities and workshops that will take place in Montreal and Quebec City. As part of the work with the large company, we give free choice to stakeholders to coordinate meetings, appointments and work sessions in a way that accommodates them.
- The team must be motivated and open to working in collaborative mode
- The Startup must be looking for commercial opportunities based on exploiting technological innovations in the mining sector
- The Startup must have the time, resources and skills and expertise required for this program
Complete the form below before August 30th, 2019.